A patient navigator serves as a guide to help you anticipate, address and overcome any challenges in the cancer treatment process, as well as coordinate services to improve the quality of care you'll receive.
All services provided by patient navigators are provided as free services by Winchester Medical Center. Visit their Patient Navigator website for contact information.
With the help of a patient navigator, you are:
- Guided through the treatment process
- Assisted in filling out insurance paperwork or finding transportation to medical appointments
- Helped to identify local resources
- Given ideas about communicating effectively with health care professionals
- Encouraged and emotionally supported